Licensed Guide-Interpreter

What is a "Government Licensed Guide-interpreter"?

In order to work as a guide-interpreter for foreign visitors
to Japan, he/she must pass the national examination
conducted by the Land, Infrastructure and Transportation
Ministry, and obtain a license from his/her prefectural
government. In addition to the specialized language ability,
he/she must possess a deep understanding of the Japanese
geography, history, industry, economy, politics and culture.